So this is my first post of many.
I am currently going through deployment...and when I say "I am going to through deployment," I mean my marine boyfriend is deployed and I am trying to survive it. This blog is intended for others like me, soon to be like me or anyone who actually reads this/finds it interesting.
I want to give support, advice and general distractions for other Marine/Army/Navy/Air Force/Reserves/etc significant others. It is rough, so you need support to help you through it.
Comments are appreciated!!
So first things first:
My name is Lizzie and I have been with my Marine for a year and seven months. He left in January on a MEU. We talk somewhat regularly, but it varies and is always a surprise. 3:00AM, while at work, while I am in the shower...that has been the most challenging/interesting call yet (and my phone survived and I wasn't late for work!!)
I love him to death, and every night I go to bed with the thought of him coming home. Kind of sappy, I know, but it is true.
My puppies get me through many a rough, lonesome night. Here I am with Oliver:
Sleep well!
-Liz
Monday, March 16, 2009
Well Hello
Posted by Lizzie B at 10:16 PM
Labels: deployment, girlfriend, life, life as a marine girlfriend, marine, marine boyfriend, marine girlfriend, marine wife, marines, miss, miss marine, miss my marine, missing, survive, wife
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Thanks for the comments! When is your Marine coming home? Mine is leaving for Afganistan in mid-April and this will be our first deployment.
And your right, it's hard at times but worth minute of it. We have one of the few good men! :)
Post a Comment